Ankündigung

Einklappen

Einhaltung der Forenregeln und Kommunikationskultur

Liebe Forumsnutzer,

gerne stellen wir Menschen mit neuromuskulärer Erkrankung und ihren Angehörigen das DGM-Forum für Erfahrungsaustausch und gegenseitige Unterstützung zur Verfügung und bitten alle Nutzer um Einhaltung der Forenregeln: https://www.dgm-forum.org/help#foren...renregeln_text. Bitte eröffnen Sie in diesem Forum nur Themen, die tatsächlich der gegenseitigen Unterstützung von neuromuskulär Erkrankten und ihrem Umfeld dienen und achten Sie auf eine sorgfältige und achtsame Kommunikation.

Hilfreiche Informationen und Ansprechpersonen finden Sie auch auf www.dgm.org.

Ihre Deutsche Gesellschaft für Muskelkranke e.V. (DGM)
Mehr anzeigen
Weniger anzeigen

312-Uncle Tom's Cabin-chapter312

Einklappen
X

• Filter
  • Zeit
  • Anzeigen
Alles löschen
neue Beiträge

312-Uncle Tom's Cabin-chapter312

tie and throbbing nerve, once more entwined with that little life, seemed to become sound and healthful, and Eliza was a happy woman up to the time that her husband was rudely torn from his kind employer, and brought under the iron sway of his legal owner.The manufacturer, true to his word, visited Mr. Harris a week or two after George had been taken away, when, as he hoped, the heat of the occasion had passed away, and tried every possible inducement to lead him to restore him to his former employment."You needn't trouble yourself to talk any longer," said he, doggedly; "I know my own business, sir.""I did not presume to interfere with it, sir. I only thought that you might think it for your interest to let your man to us on the terms proposed.""O, I understand the matter well enough. I saw your winking and whispering, the day I took him out of the factory; but you don't come it over me that way. It's a free country, sir; the man's mine, and I do what I please with him,--that's it!"And so fell George's last hope;--nothing before him but a life of toil and drudgery, rendered more bitter by every little smarting vexation and indignity which tyrannical ingenuity could devise.A very humane jurist once said, The worst use you can put a man to is to hang him. No; there is another use that a man can be put to that is WORSE! CHAPTER IIIThe Husband and FatherMrs. Shelby had gone on her visit, and Eliza stood in the verandah, rather dejectedly looking after the retreating carriage, when a hand was laid on her shoulder. She turned, and a bright smile lighted up her fine eyes. ? 9 312 288 3"George, is it you? How you frightened me! Well; I am so glad you 's come! Missis is gone to spend the afternoon; so come into my little room, and we'll have the time all to ourselves."Saying this, she drew him into a neat little apartment opening on the verandah, where she generally sat at her sewing, within call of her mistress."How glad I am!--why don't you smile?--and look at Harry--how he grows." The boy stood shyly regarding his father through his curls, holding close to the skirts of his mother's dress. "Isn't he beautiful?" said Eliza, lifting his long curls and kissing him."I wish he'd never been born!" said George, bitterly. "I wish I'd never been born myself!"Surprised and frightened, Eliza sat down, leaned her head on her husband's shoulder, and burst into tears."There now, Eliza, it's too bad for me to make you feel so, poor girl!" said he, fondly; "it's too bad: O, how I wish you never had seen me--you might have been happy!""George! George! how can you talk so? What dreadful thing has happened, or is going to happen? I'm sure we've 相关的主题文章: 716-Vanity Fair-chapter716 023-Toni Morrison - The Beloved (CliffsNotes)-chapter023 Guide to Chosen in Warhammer-Tactics-7
Lädt...
X